Philosophy and Motorcycles

Philosophy and motorcycles are two of my favorite things in life. This blog will be bits of wisdom gleaned from a misspent youth and an adventurous dotage. People who like/love wisdom or motorcycles, classic or modern versions of either, are welcome to visit and comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I have been married to the same lovely woman for decades. We have one son, two cats, and live in rural Wisconsin, USA. I ride and rebuild motorcycles, and I am semi-retired. Favorite bikes are Yamaha XS650, FJ1200 and Ducati 900SS. My wife is a home care nurse. I am a Myers-Briggs INTP. She is ESFJ. Our son works at the Apple store in downtown SF and is teaching English as a second language in San Francisco, no grandchildren.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Project



I've been working to rebuild a 1971 Yamaha XS1B. Stripped to the frame it doesn't look like much. Rather time consuming to clean the frame and paint it. I now have rebuilt the fork legs and polished the triple clamp. With tapered bearings the front end is now together. Bit by bit it is coming together. It won't be a show bike but I want it nice. I drive everything I've got, or sell it.
I need to get some yard work done before the weeds get up and hide everything. Branches to pick up and some trash from the winter need to be picked up. I have three dead trees that need to come down. Being a home owner has its drawbacks. Sometimes I envy those in condo land but I wouldn't trade. I'd have to rent a shop and drive to it. Now I can just walk out the door and it's about 50 paces to work.

A friend of mine just finished a beautiful 1972 Yamaha XS2. He put a ton of work into it and it is truly beautiful. The color isn't original, too pretty but looks great. This weekend he is off picking up another project. I should be able to see the new toy tomorrow. Here's a picture of the '72.
Each spring is a treasure. Enjoy it.
LN

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home