Philosophy and Motorcycles

Philosophy and motorcycles are two of my favorite things in life. This blog will be bits of wisdom gleaned from a misspent youth and an adventurous dotage. People who like/love wisdom or motorcycles, classic or modern versions of either, are welcome to visit and comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I have been married to the same lovely woman for decades. We have one son, two cats, and live in rural Wisconsin, USA. I ride and rebuild motorcycles, and I am semi-retired. Favorite bikes are Yamaha XS650, FJ1200 and Ducati 900SS. My wife is a home care nurse. I am a Myers-Briggs INTP. She is ESFJ. Our son works at the Apple store in downtown SF and is teaching English as a second language in San Francisco, no grandchildren.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April already.  Evenings like this, when it is warm on the hilltops and chilly in the valleys, I really get in touch with the reality of motorcycle riding. We are much more connected with our environment, and hence I believe, more concerned with protecting and cherishing it.  
I was ill much of the winter and had to give up some things.  Sadly writing here was one of them.  I am back and hope to keep frequent posts of the thoughts and actions which keep this old man going.  I took my Moto Guzzi V65 into town tonight and found a special on ice cream at a local grocery store.  Now, full and getting sleepy, it is bedtime.  Tomorrow I work on another old Yamaha XS650.  Photo to be posted soon.  I've also decided to sell one of my 1972 XS2.  I have one that is redone and one original.  I'm selling the redone unit.  It's beautiful and correct.  If anyone out there is interested send me a message.
LN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home