Philosophy and Motorcycles

Philosophy and motorcycles are two of my favorite things in life. This blog will be bits of wisdom gleaned from a misspent youth and an adventurous dotage. People who like/love wisdom or motorcycles, classic or modern versions of either, are welcome to visit and comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I have been married to the same lovely woman for decades. We have one son, two cats, and live in rural Wisconsin, USA. I ride and rebuild motorcycles, and I am semi-retired. Favorite bikes are Yamaha XS650, FJ1200 and Ducati 900SS. My wife is a home care nurse. I am a Myers-Briggs INTP. She is ESFJ. Our son works at the Apple store in downtown SF and is teaching English as a second language in San Francisco, no grandchildren.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

fueled again


Greetings. Problems with fuel delivery on my Moto Guzzi V65 have finally been solved. Once again it is reliable. Since I was not able to find a side cover I used pieces of other side covers from Yamahas and fiberglass to make one.
I have been thinking about the quality of motorcycles. When asked what people like about motor cycles many people say they like the freedom. I think a more appropriate term would be that I like the oneness. Being on a cycle puts me more at one with my surroundings. This was brought home today when I left home in sunshine and was in rain within four miles. I wanted to put gas in the V65 and drive it far enough to be certain it would not cause further problems. The long way home from the station was about 7 miles of driving rain but the Guzzi ran without flaw. The hard bags are not huge but very well designed.
Quality applies to both the ride experience and the motorcycle. I will write my thoughts of the experience soon. LN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home