Philosophy and Motorcycles

Philosophy and motorcycles are two of my favorite things in life. This blog will be bits of wisdom gleaned from a misspent youth and an adventurous dotage. People who like/love wisdom or motorcycles, classic or modern versions of either, are welcome to visit and comment.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I have been married to the same lovely woman for decades. We have one son, two cats, and live in rural Wisconsin, USA. I ride and rebuild motorcycles, and I am semi-retired. Favorite bikes are Yamaha XS650, FJ1200 and Ducati 900SS. My wife is a home care nurse. I am a Myers-Briggs INTP. She is ESFJ. Our son works at the Apple store in downtown SF and is teaching English as a second language in San Francisco, no grandchildren.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Time to cull the herd


It's time for me to sell my 1973 XS650. It's been a good bike. I haven't driven it enough to warrant keeping it. It runs well, pulls great in every gear. Everything works except the starter which has the XS growl. It kicks out. I have other starter gears for it. It is in good general condition. Chrome is good. The exhaust is aftermarket but original mufflers are available from Mike's XS. The hand grips and seat cover are replaced. Paint is good with some usual wear, minor chips. This would make a good restoration and if it doesn't sell I will repaint it and replace the non original parts. I would not hesitate to drive this bike any distance. A bit of TLC and the new owner will have a classic. I can provide more photos if interested. It has 39k miles.

I am also going to list a 1975 Honda CB500T soon. I don't have a good photo of it. The Honda has just 5,900 miles and is unmolested. It has a Wixom style fairing that I find rather strange on such a motorcycle. I do not have the original front turn signals as the signals are in the fairing. I cleaned the carbs enough to get it running but I have not had it on the road. There is a dent in the right side of the tank, side covers are good, no cracks and all tabs intact. This would make a wonderful cafe bike as it has the beautiful British style tank. I will post pictures of it soon.

Weather continues to be cloudy here in the north. We had about 3 drops of rain today. A friend used to call this a 3" rain, the drops were about 3" apart. It has been so wet it is very lush in this part of Wisconsin.

Happy Riding.
LN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home